Generali Global Assistance Extends Suite of Travel Insurance Plans to Growing Seaside Coastal Segment
Seaside Coastal Travel Insurance plan offers a variety of coverages to help protect coastal and lakefront travelers
Generali Global Assistance’s Travel Insurance division (“the Company), today announced it’s new Seaside Coastal Travel Insurance offering for the growing seaside and costal segment of the vacation rental market. The new plan is available to guests and property managers renting coastal and other waterfront properties all year round.
With the vacation rental market projected to be worth $36.6 billion by the end of 2018, the Company sees significant opportunities when it comes to enhancing its vacation rental coverages and features. The Seaside Coastal Travel Insurance product was customized to provide additional coverages for the growing number of seaside and coastal vacationers that visit coastal regions all year round.
Chris Carnicelli, CEO of Generali Global Assistance North America, commented on today’s news, “We are excited to introduce this new offering and provide additional coverage to the coastal vacation rental industry – which is a significant segment of the industry. As the sharing economy and home rentals continue to increase in popularity, we see tremendous opportunities in this area and plan to continue raising our market presence with customized products and services.”
The new Seaside Coastal Travel Insurance product provides Generali Global Assistance’s customers competitive vacation rental plans with new features to help protect against events that can interfere with, or completely derail vacations, such as rental car breakdowns, lost sporting equipment, and beach closures due to contaminated waters.
The Seaside Coastal Travel Insurance product includes additional innovative benefits:
- Coverage for out of pocket expenses like overnight lodging if your car breaks down on your way to your rental
- Expanded coverage for lost, stolen, or damaged sporting equipment like golf clubs, surf boards, and bikes –with additional coverage to help you locate and retrieve your sporting equipment if it’s delayed during transit for more than 24 hours
- Specific coverage if the beach at your destination is closed for 24 hours or more due to contaminated waters
- Specific coverage if the golf course or amusement park at your destination must close at least half of its attractions due to severe weather or mechanical breakdown.
- Expanded coverage related to adverse weather and hurricanes including: interruption of services at the rental, uninhabitable or inaccessible accommodations, or mandatory evacuation
Carnicelli concluded "Travelers, property managers, and vacation rental owners alike will benefit from the additional coverages and unique aspects of these offerings, which make them among the strongest protections currently available in the seaside rental segment."
About Generali Global Assistance
Generali Global Assistance has been a leading provider of travel insurance and other assistance services for more than 25 years. The Company offers a full suite of innovative, vertically integrated travel insurance and emergency services, identity protection solutions, and beneficiary companion services. Generali Global Assistance is part of the multinational Generali Group, which for over 185 years has created a presence in 60 countries with over 76,000 employees. Our success has been built on the foundation of trust that clients have placed in our ability to provide assistance in the most difficult of circumstances.
Generali Global Assistance offers travel insurance through vacation rental and property management companies, leading travel agencies, online travel agencies, other travel suppliers and directly to consumers. For more information on Generali Global Assistance and the policies offered for travelers, please visit: www.generalitravelinsurance.com.
M Group Strategic Communications (for Generali Global Assistance North America)
+1 646 417 8516