Why Choose Generali?
Travel Smarter ™
When you’re traveling, the right support makes a world of difference. At Generali Global Assistance, we pride ourselves on providing the support that is crucial for happy and safe travel. Our travel protection plans are built on the diverse needs of today’s travelers, and are designed to help you travel smarter.
With Generali You Get:
- Travel insurance plans designed to protect your vacation investment from certain unforeseen events that could cause you to cancel or interrupt your trip and lose your pre-paid, non-refundable trip costs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Assistance line available from anywhere in the world to help customers access a global network care providers. Customers also receive ID Theft Resolution Services and Concierge Services for a variety of traveling needs.
- Help from our travel support, customer service and claims representatives that are part of our award-winning teams in San Diego and Bethesda and are ready to serve you when and where you need them.
- Unsure if a travel insurance plan is right for you, but want to take advantage of time-sensitive benefits? Put your plan in place today and take advantage of our free look period refund policy.
Insurance plans are pieces of paper, but it’s what’s behind them that matters.
Our award winning team is always ready to help, whether you’re buying a plan, need concierge services, or need emergency assistance on a trip. One of the most important parts of our travel protection plans is the access you get to our network of employees and partners available 24/7 to provide the best possible travel and emergency assistance services no matter where you are worldwide.
About Generali Global Assistance
As part of the Assicurazioni Generali Group—one of the largest insurance companies in the world—we pride ourselves on delivering a simpler, smarter approach to insuring and servicing millions of customers each year. We are also part of The Europ Assistance (EA) Group, who pioneered the travel assistance industry in 1963 and continues to be the leader in providing real-time assistance anywhere in the world, delivering on our motto #YouLiveWeCare.
Insurance coverages are underwritten by Generali U.S. Branch.
We encourage you to browse our sister companies in the Generali Group. They may be able to assist you with a range of services you need, from identity theft protection to caregiver connection.
Travel Insurance Awards
- Named "Best for Emergency Support Services" by Money.com
- Recognized in the Money Crashers list of Best Travel Insurance for U.S. travelers
- Named "Best for Emergency Services" by Mercury News
- Named "Best Travelers Insurance for Telemedicine Coverage" by Tampa Bay Times
- The Travel Resources section of our site won a Stevie Gold Award for "Most Innovative Business Blog" from the American Business Awards
- Recognized in the Forbes Advisor list of Best Travel Insurance Companies
- Named "Best Travel Insurance 2021" by Top Ten Reviews
- Named "Best Travel Insurance 2020" by Top Ten Reviews
- Selected as "Best Value Travel Insurance" by Business Insider's Best Travel insurance for 2020
- Named "Best for Delays" in Trip Saavy's Best Travel Insurance Providers of 2020 review
- #3 in Newsweek’s 2020 List of Americas Best Customer Service in the Travel Insurance category
- Selected as the highest rated company in Statista's ranking of "Leading Travel Insurance Companies in the U.S. in 2019, by Overall Rating"
- Named "Best Travel Insurance Overall" by Top Ten Reviews
- Silver Stevie at the Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service in the “Marketing Solution – New” category
- Silver Stevie at the Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service in the “Back-Office Customer Service Professional of the Year – Financial Services Industries” category
- Gold Award for Travel Insurance Company by consumer product review site Top Ten Reviews
- Named a Top Travel Insurance Company by the Elliot Readers’ Choice Awards
- Gold Stevie at the American Business Awards® for the launch of a “New Brand with a New Online Customer Experience” in the Insurance category