Video: How to File a Travel Insurance Claim
If you bought travel insurance for your trip and something went wrong, filing a claim is quick and easy with Generali Global Assistance eClaims. Let’s take a look at how to get started.
There are five steps to begin your eClaim:
- First, you will want to find your policy number. You can find your policy number in the policy confirmation letter that you received when you purchased your plan. Once you have it, visit our Claims Portal and enter your policy number in the space provided. If you don’t know your policy number, or don’t have one, select “click here” for more information about how to proceed.
- After entering your policy number or selecting the “click here” link, you should reach the Generali Global Assistance eClaims website. Once you’re here, simply select Start a Claim and follow the prompts to create your eClaims account, login to the portal, and start your claim.
- After logging in and selecting Start Your Claim, enter your policy number or your reservation number to proceed. Notice that you can interact with the chat bot in the lower right side of the screen or visit the FAQ page through the link on the left if you have any questions.
- Now that you’re ready to get your claim started, we’ll need a little information about why you’re filing a claim. You will see a list of the different coverages that are included in your plan and a short description of each. Review the list and select all of the coverages that apply to your situation. Let’s say, for example, your trip was interrupted because your flight was canceled due to a storm. Select Trip Interruption and continue. As you move through the prompts, you will be asked questions for each coverage you selected, such as who was impacted and why, what happened, and the amounts that you are claiming. Continue through each section, acknowledging the fraud warnings and reviewing your information for accuracy.
- The last task to complete before submitting your claim is to provide supporting documents. You will see a list of both required and optional documents to include with your claim. Most of these documents, such as proof of payment for your trip and booking confirmation, are documents that you already have. Depending on the type of claim that you’re starting, you may also be asked to complete and provide other documents that can be accessed by clicking the Document templates link. Once you’ve uploaded all of your documents, submit your claim.
Good work, you’ve submitted your claim. We will assign your case to a dedicated claims team member who will review all of your documents and reach out if they have any questions. At any time, you may also login to the eClaims portal and select ‘Add information’ or ‘Track status of existing claim’ to provide additional documents and check the status of your claim.