How You Can Use Travel Protection Before Your Trip Begins
We’re not just here for emergencies during your trip. Some benefits and services included with Generali travel protection plans are available to use before your trip begins. Trip Cancellation coverage and Concierge Services are parts of your plan that can be used as soon as the day after purchase.
Let’s learn more about what you can use before your trip starts:
Trip Cancellation Coverage
Trip Cancellation coverage is part of your plan that you can use as soon as the day after purchase. By its nature, it must be used before you depart.
This coverage is designed to make you "whole" again by reimbursing you up to 100% of your insured trip cost for unused, non-refundable, pre-paid travel expenses if you’re prevented from taking your trip due to a covered reason.
Since all sorts of things can impact your travel plans and force you to cancel your trip, it’s good to have coverage for as much time as possible before you leave.
Consider these scenarios that might cause you to cancel your trip and could be covered:
- Sickness, Injury and Death: You or a traveling companion become sick or injured and can’t travel. Or a non-traveling family member is hospitalized or passes away and you are unable to make the trip.
- Adverse Weather: You experience flight cancellations due to adverse weather such as a hurricane or snowstorm.
- Job Loss: After at least one year of employment, you are laid off and can't go on your trip.
- Extension of School Year: Your son or daughter attending school must complete a new operating session that was extended beyond the pre-defined school year.
- Home Uninhabitable: A flood, fire or other natural disaster renders your home residence uninhabitable.
These are just some of the situations where you could be reimbursed for trip costs, but not a complete list of possible covered situations. See our full list of covered reasons for trip cancellation
Travel Concierge Services
Has the concierge at a hotel ever helped you find your way around a city you're visiting, giving great suggestions, and helping you make reservations? With Generali, you have that kind of service in your back pocket, ready to use, even before your trip begins. All of our travel protection plans include this resource.
Start using your plan now
If you already have a Generali travel protection plan, you can use Concierge Services by calling 877-243-4135 toll-free in the U.S. or 240-330-1529 collect worldwide. Have your policy number ready when you call.
Note: Each plan holder is solely responsible for the cost of services provided and charged for by third parties and for the actual cost of merchandise, entertainment, sports, tickets, food and beverages and other disbursement items. Reservations are subject to availability.
How Concierge Services Can Help You Plan Your Trip
Concierge Services can be used before your trip begins, even to help you plan it. Pre-trip assistance can help you schedule golf tee times, make restaurant, airline, and rental car reservations, or reserve tickets for entertainment and other special events.
For example: Julia is taking time off work and getting ready for a tour of Europe, and she is doing all the planning herself. She bought a travel protection plan from Generali Global Assistance and decided she would use their Concierge Services hotline to help get her trip in order. When she called, a friendly operator answered and was ready to help. First off, she needed help reserving a car and wanted to know more about passport requirements for her trip.
- Pre-trip travel assistance: provides information on travel destinations, city profiles, weather, special events, ATM locations, currency exchange rates, immunization and passport requirements, as well as other related services.
- Rental car reservations: assists with worldwide reservations through most major rental car agencies.
- Airline reservations: helps reserve full-service air travel accommodations to destinations worldwide
- Pet services locator: helps find pet-related services such as pet sitters
- Hotel accommodations: offers research and recommendations on hotels worldwide and can book reservations if requested
- Meet-and-greet services: arranges for pick-ups of friends, family members or business associates at airports or other common carrier destinations by limousine personnel
How Concierge Services Can Help You Find Things to Do
Julia also wanted to know more information about each of her destinations so she could plan ahead for her trip – weather forecasts, entertainment, events nearby, health advisories, and great restaurants along the way. Using the concierge, she could get information on thousands of destinations worldwide and other assistance, all included with her plan.
- City profiles: provides access to information on over 10,000 destinations worldwide, including a complete report on local entertainment, social customs, and health advisories.
- Restaurant reviews and reservations: provides information on restaurants worldwide and assistance with booking reservations from anywhere, anytime.
- Event ticketing: assists with acquiring tickets to virtually any sporting, theater or concert event worldwide.
- Golf outings and tee times: provides referrals and tee times at golf courses around the world.
After consulting with the concierge, Julia decided on a concert she wanted to see and Concierge Services helped her reserve tickets. She chose some restaurants from the reviews and the concierge made reservations for the times she chose. In addition to her concert tickets, Julia decided she wanted a nice bottle of champagne and flowers waiting at her hotel when she arrives, so Concierge Services helped arrange that, as well.
Now that you know how you can get value from your travel protection plan before your trip even begins, it’s time to learn more about How Travel Insurance Can Help During Your Trip.