How to Use Teladoc
Teladoc* is a service included with all Generali Global Assistance travel insurance plans that connects travelers instantly with a network of U.S. licensed physicians for information, medical advice and treatment, including prescription medication, when appropriate. This service allows our policyholders to request a virtual visit with a board-certified doctor 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, by web, phone or mobile app while they are on their trip.
This service is designed to handle non-emergency medical problems. You should NOT use it if you are experiencing a medical emergency. In the event of a life-threatening emergency, please first call the local emergency authorities to receive immediate assistance and then contact our Emergency Assistance provider.
You are not required to sign up for Teladoc in order to use other features of your travel insurance plan.
Accessing Your Virtual Doctor on Demand
Follow these steps to set up access to Teladoc after you buy a Generali Global Assistance travel insurance plan (please wait at least one day after purchase):
- Call Teladoc at 800-835-2362 to set up your account.
- Inform the agent that "Generali – CSA Travel Protection" is your benefit provider. The agent will request some personal information to create your account.
- The agent will provide access credentials (username and password) verbally.
- Visit the Teladoc website to access your account online. Or download the Teladoc app in the AppStore or Google Play to access your account.
- Enter any additional personal information once you access your account online or via the app.
- If you have a question or need assistance on your trip, you can call Teladoc at 800-835-2362
or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read their How Does it Work page for more information.
*Teladoc services are only available while on a covered trip and are available in all 50 states. Their services are not currently available in U.S. territories or internationally.