Top International Destinations for Breathtaking Fall Colors
Fall color is one of Earth’s biggest spectacles and well worth the trip to surround yourself with breathtaking beauty. You might get some awesome autumn leaves in your own town, but you should check out the destinations and videos below to see how they stack up and maybe you'll even find the next trip you want to take.
Keep in mind, the fall season when leaves turn colors happens at a different time of year dependig where on the globe the destination is. Good news though - you can follow fall around the world and see the natural beauty almost anytime of year.
8 can’t-miss fall foliage destinations for your international travel plans
1. Dandenong Ranges near Melbourne, Australia brings out the best in the maple, beech and golden gingko trees during the southern hemisphere’s autumn season.
Peak Fall Leaves: March
2. Jiuzhaigou Valley near Chengdu, China is a UNESCO World Heritage Site with spectacular natural beauty.
Peak Fall Leaves: Golden Week in early October
3. South Island of New Zealand turns golden around the Central Otago District which is also wine country.
Peak Fall Leaves: mid-April
4. Patagonia in Argentina or Chile brings colorful fall foliage and fewer crowds on popular hiking trails across the rugged mountain landscape.
Peak Fall Leaves: April
5. Lake Ashi in Hakone, Japan offers sightseeing boats for its colorful forests with the vista of Mount Fuji in the background.
Peak Fall Leaves: Late October/Early November
6. Imperial Palace East Gardens in Tokyo, Japan offers a wide variety of trees representing the entire country, along with a moated castle and manicured gardens completing the magnificent scene.
Peak Fall Leaves: Mid to late November
7. Westonbirt Arboretum in Gloucestershire, England is renowned for its autumn leaves. An array of plants and trees gathered from around the world offer an extended viewing season.
Peak Fall Leaves: September through December
8. Kashmir Valley – the majestic chinar trees are adored in India.
Peak Fall Leaves: September through November
If you’re planning a fall getaway this year, protect your international travel plans with a policy from Generali Global Assistance. If you take a tumble down a mountain trail or leave your backpack behind at a picnic site, you’ll be glad you took the time to prepare for the unexpected!
A303 16 12