Fall Break: 8 Places to See Breathtaking Autumn Colors
Fall color is one of Earth’s biggest spectacles. Many places right here at home in the United States offer an incredible display of fall leaves on auburn and golden trees. Our National Parks offer opportunities to leaf-peep while visiting our country’s finest attractions. Spend next September at Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming for beautiful vistas of fall color or October in the Great Smoky Mountains of Tennessee where the wildflower displays can be especially colorful.
8 can’t-miss fall foliage destinations for your international travel plans
1. Dandenong Ranges near Melbourne, Australia brings out the best in the maple, beech and golden gingko trees during the southern hemisphere’s autumn season.
Peak Fall Leaves: March
2. Jiuzhaigou Valley near Chengdu, China is a UNESCO World Heritage Site with spectacular natural beauty.
Peak Fall Leaves: Golden Week in early October
3. South Island of New Zealand turns golden around the Central Otago District which is also wine country.
Peak Fall Leaves: mid-April
4. Patagonia in Argentina or Chile brings colorful fall foliage and fewer crowds on popular hiking trails across the rugged mountain landscape.
Peak Fall Leaves: April
5. Lake Ashi in Hakone, Japan offers sightseeing boats for its colorful forests with the vista of Mount Fuji in the background.
Peak Fall Leaves: Late October/Early November
6. Imperial Palace East Gardens in Tokyo, Japan offers a wide variety of trees representing the entire country, along with a moated castle and manicured gardens completing the magnificent scene.
Peak Fall Leaves: Mid to late November
7. Westonbirt Arboretum in Gloucestershire, England is renowned for its autumn leaves. An array of plants and trees gathered from around the world offer an extended viewing season.
Peak Fall Leaves: September through December
8. Kashmir Valley – the majestic chinar trees are adored in India.
Peak Fall Leaves: September through November
If you’re planning a fall getaway this year, protect your international travel plans with a policy from Generali Global Assistance. If you take a tumble down a mountain trail or leave your backpack behind at a picnic site, you’ll be glad you took the time to prepare for the unexpected!
A303 16 12