Travel Insurance for Your Tour
Even the best planned trip can be impacted by the unexpected, forcing you to cancel or interrupt your travels, lose the money you’ve spent on your vacation and incur unplanned expenses. Our Protect&Tour™ plan is customized for tour goers like you and includes a variety of coverages and services designed to help protect you and your trip costs from certain covered events.
- Free Look
- Medical and Dental Coverage and Emergency Assistance and Transportation
- Coverage for flight delays from adverse weather
- Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
- Award-winning Customer Service
Services (provided by Generali's designated provider)
- Travel Support
- Telemedicine Service
- No Out-of-Pocket Medical Expense Service
- Concierge Services
Generali Global Assistance will provide a refund of your plan cost if you cancel your plan within 10 days of purchase and have not filed a claim or departed on your trip.
Medical and Dental Coverage
Do you have medical coverage outside of the U.S.? If not, a trip protection plan with Medical and Dental Coverage could be a wise choice when touring internationally. This coverage provides reimbursement for the necessary medical, surgical and emergency dental care costs if you become sick or accidentally injured while on your covered trip. Coverage is in excess of your standard coverage, except where prohibited.
Emergency Assistance and Transportation
Benefits include transportation to the nearest suitable medical facility, help to return home if medically necessary and expenses for a companion to visit you if you are traveling alone and are hospitalized for more than seven days.
Coverage for Flight Delays
Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption coverages respectively provide reimbursement for unused, non-refundable, prepaid trip costs if you are prevented from taking your trip, or your trip is interrupted due to a covered reason. Trip Interruption also provides reimbursement for additional transportation costs to return home or rejoin your group. A flight delay due to adverse weather is a listed, covered event under both of these useful coverages.
Pre-Existing Medical Conditions can be accepted when the plan is purchased prior to or within 24 hours of final trip payment, if other requirements are met. Please see a Plan Document/Policy for full details.
Excellent Customer Service
Generali is committed to providing the best customer service in the industry. Calls are answered live and representatives are available seven days a week.
Travel Insurance and COVID-19
- Travel insurance can provide coverage if you, a family member or a travel companion get sick with COVID-19 before or during your trip.
- To have coverage, your or your travel companion’s sickness must first occur after you purchase your plan. Pre-existing medical conditions are generally excluded from coverage. However, coverage is available if you purchased your plan prior to or within 24 hours of making final payment for your trip, provided other requirements are also met. Review a Plan Document/Policy for full details.
- Travel Support, Telemedicine, and No Out-of-Pocket Medical Expense services are available to assist you if you get sick during your trip. Please contact our 24/7 Travel Support team if you are traveling and believe you may have become ill with the virus.
COVID-19 and Other Travel Disruptions
- Travel restrictions, shelter in place orders, airline cancellations, fear of travel, and other travel disruptions caused by COVID-19 are not covered by travel insurance unless you purchase optional Trip Cancellation for Any Reason coverage.
Trip Cancellation for Any Reason
Trip Cancellation for Any Reason (CFAR) is an optional coverage that you can add to your travel insurance plan for an additional cost. This add-on coverage can reimubrse you up to 65% of your penalty amount if you cancel your trip for any reason whatsoever, including travel disruptions caused by COVID-19.
To be eligible for CFAR coverage, make sure you meet the following requirements:
- Purchase Trip Cancellation For Any Reason within 24 hours of making initial deposit for your trip.
- Cancel your trip 48 hours or more before your scheduled departure date.
- All travelers insured under the coverage must cancel.
- Insure all of your trip costs booked with Central Holidays/Aventura Travel that are non-refundable and subject to cancellation penalties.
- You must not be disabled from travel when you purchase coverage.
- The trip cost is no more than $10,000 per person.
About Generali Global Assistance
With Generali, you’re covered by a company with 30 years of experience and backed by one of the world’s largest insurance providers. Our success is built on our reputation for assisting travelers in the most difficult of circumstances and delivering travel protection solutions designed to meet your needs..