What is CSA Travel Protection?
CSA Travel Protection (now known as Generali Global Assistance) is a leading provider of travel insurance and other assistance services for consumers and business partners around the world.
Founded in 1991 and based in San Diego, California, we've helped millions of travelers through tough situations over the years. From common travel issues like canceled trips and delayed travel, to on-the-ground 24/7 assistance with emergencies like hurricanes and medical evacuations by helicopter, we're there when your travel doesn't go as planned.
If you've protected your trip with CSA in the past, you may notice we have a new website with a different brand name...
CSA Becomes Generali Global Assistance
In 2017, we launched a new and improved website for our customers to buy travel insurance directly from us. This site was launched under a new brand name, Generali Global Assistance. Rest assured, our brand name may have changed, but we offer the same quality travel insurance, emergency assistance and outstanding customer service as you've come to rely on for more than 25 years.
We also launched three new travel insurance plans that combine the institutional knowledge and quality built by CSA over the decades, with the backing and underwriting ability of a global insurance brand. As Generali Global Assistance, we are able to fully leverage the global scale and resources of one of the strongest and most successful corporations in the world, the Generali Group, while retaining our commitment to customer service that put us on the map.
Many travel insurance plans offered by our business partners still retain the CSA Travel Protection name, but will be transitioned over time to fall under the Generali Global Assistance brand.
Partner to Sell CSA Travel Insurance
The best laid travel plans can be affected by trouble at home, medical emergencies, lost luggage, delayed flights or severe weather—even when arranged by professionals. Partner with CSA Travel Protection to offer your customers a travel insurance plan that can help protect them and their vacation investment, and earn commission for each sale.
We combine customer-driven innovation and risk management to create strategic solutions for our travel insurance partners, and provide plans that are the best fit their customers.
We offer specialized travel protection plans designed for:
- Traditional and online travel agencies
- Online aggregators and comparison sites
- Travel suppliers
- Vacation rental management companies, software providers and booking marketplaces
CSA's Decades of Travel Insurance Innovation
CSA Travel Protection is a travel insurance company that consistently leads the industry in innovation, customer service and best practices to ensure we are there for our customers whenever and wherever they need us. This tradition continues under the new brand name.
Each time CSA introduces a travel insurance related innovation, the industry follows our lead and within a few years, it becomes the industry standard. One example of success in innovation is our introduction of age rating in 1996. Age-rated products quickly changed the demographics of the travel insurance customer base. We became the first travel insurance company to make trip insurance an attractive purchase to younger travelers, a virtually untapped market prior to introduction of this new concept.
1991 - Company is founded by Les Maine, a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries and veteran of the insurance industry
1992 - Originated the vacation rental travel protection business
1992 - First to develop comprehensive retail packages
1996 - First to develop age-rated pricing
1998 - Launched universal commission protection for agents
2001 - Immediate response to the September 11 tragedy and subsequent travel industry fallout
2003 - Began offering Peace of Mind Security Deposit Waiver
2004 - Launched CSA WebDirect—customized web-based pricing, a CSA exclusive
2004 - Branched into the Timeshare market, insuring timeshare maintenance fees and vacation club assessments for vacation owners
2005 - The first travel insurance company to offer Identity Theft Protection on all plans and pre-existing medical condition coverage through final trip payment
2006 - Moves completely to a customized pricing engine on its retail products to offer customers the most fair and accurate price on the market
2008 - Partners with Europ Assistance Group to expand its 24/7/365 Emergency Assistance services
2008 - Europ Assistance Group (EA) acquires CSA Travel Protection, expanding its network of 70 companies, 5,500 employees and a worldwide network of service providers and medical personnel in 208 countries and territories across the globe. CSA Travel Protection's name, management, staff and commitment to customers and innovation remain the same
2008 - CSA creates the Vacation Rental Damage Insurance product
2013 - Inventor of the travel assistance concept in 1963, the Europ Assistance Group celebrates its 50th anniversary.
CSA Travel Insurance Press Release Archive
CSA Insurance Awards
We're proud of the awards CSA Travel Protection earned over the years, gaining notoriety for outstanding customer service, marketing and partner support:
- Silver Stevie at the Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service for Front-Line Customer Service Professional of the Year – Financial Services Industries Category
- Bronze Stevie at the Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service for Back-Office Customer Service Professional of the Year Category
- Gold Travel Weekly Magellan Award in the Advertising/Marketing Campaign category for Protect & Go Launch
- Bronze Stevie at the Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service for online eClaims solution
- Silver Travel Weekly Magellan Award in the Online Education Program category for Agent University program
- Two Bronze Stevies at the Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service, for Innovation in Customer Service and Customer Service Department of the Year
- Silver Travel Weekly Magellan Award in the Travel Agent Organizations, Overall Travel Insurance category for its ePartners online tool
- Three Bronze Stevies at the Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service for Customer Service Department of the Year and Front-Line Customer Service Team of the Year, both in the All Other Industries category; as well as Customer Service Training Team of the Year for the Financial Services and Insurance category
- Silver Travel Weekly Magellan Award in the "Online Travel Services - Overall - Travel Agent Only Website" category for its personalized travel agent reporting tool